Home ownership is one of the great joys in life. If you have purchased your own home, congratulations. Along with the joy comes the responsibility and cost of upkeep and maintenance. There are home services for all of your needs. Today we will be talking about 7 ways to keep your home well maintained and beautiful.
7 Ways to Keep Your Home Well Maintained
1. HVAC Maintenance and Repair
Have your Heating and Air Conditioning Company do regular maintenance checks for safety and efficiency. Routine checkups by your HVAC specialists can save you money and more importantly keep your family safe from fire danger and carbon monoxide poisoning. What could go wrong?
Signs of HVAC Problems
If you notice any of the following signs that your heating and ac may be acting up, please don’t hesitate to call your heating and air conditioning experts to come and evaluate the problem.
- High energy bills
- Strange sounds coming from your HVAC system
- Unpleasant and unusual odors
- Insufficient air flow
- High humidity
- Leaking or condensation coming from your unit
2. Maintain Safety Checks on all of your Gas Appliances
Keep your home and family safe by regularly checking on your gas line and appliances including heater, water heater, oven and stovetop. Your plumber can check for gas leaks during other maintenance calls. If you suspect a gas leak, leave the area and call 911.
Signs of a Gas Leak
- Rotten Egg Smell
- Hissing Sound Near Your Gas Lines
- Unusual White Mist or Fog Around Your Property
- Dead Plants
3. Signs of a Water Leak or Slab Leak
- Water meter spinning and ticking
- Mold and mildew
- Cracks in your foundation
- High water bill
- Wet spots on floor or near sinks, toilets, and tubs
4. Roofing Maintenance – When to Call a Roofer
After a hail, tornado, wind storm, or torrential rain, have a reputable roofing company do a free check for damage to your roof and property. If you need a new roof, a reputable roofer will be able to work with your insurance company so you don’t have to deal with all of the headache and run around.
Signs of Roof and Storm Damage
- Granules around your yard and driveway, especially where gutters drain
- Water leaks in ceiling and walls and around windows
- Visible water damage in your attic, including mold and mildew.
- Debris around your yard
- Scratches on window screens
- Clogged or broken gutters or downspouts
- Missing or damaged shingles
Keep your gutters clean and clear of debris to prevent window leaks and drainage issues. The great news is that you can spend a little more and buy gutters with screens that will save you money over time.
5. Foundation Maintenance and Repair
If you notice any signs of foundation issues, please don’t ignore them. It’s always best to address problems as soon as they show up to save money in the long run. Call your foundation repair near me at the first sign of trouble.
Signs of Foundation Problems
- Foundation upheaval
- Gaps around doors and window frames
- Uneven or sagging floors
- Cabinets and counters separating from walls
- Doors that stick or won’t properly shut
Lawn and Landscaping Maintenance
Consider a Lawn and Landscaping Company to keep your yard beautiful and free from unwanted weeds and pests. Keeping your yard cut can help prevent pests from hiding in tall grass and leaves. Regular tree and shrub care will ensure your investment of time and money pays off in the most beautiful way. A weed control service will keep your yard beautiful summer, fall, winter and spring.