Hey babes! If you want to make paleo pancakes that fit into your fitness and nutrition goals, I have the healthy recipe for you! If you have never tried a paleo diet, here are some things that you need to know. Paleo diet food consists of vegetables, especially leafy greens, meats, and many unprocessed foods that do not contain any grains or grain based flours. If something is paleo, it cannot contain grains, and is automatically gluten-free because of this!
Some people prefer to eat gluten-free because of the gluten intolerance, but others believe that gluten makes them feel sluggish or causes them to be bloated or have brain fog. Cutting out gluten can be a good option for getting rid of these common ailments. If you want to take it a step farther and go paleo, however, you will have to eliminate other grains such as rice and oats as well.
A paleo diet can be a healthy solution to eating clean, lean and green. When you start on a Paleo diet you will probably begin to miss the comfort of flour-based foods! That is where I come in, with this amazing Paleo Pancake Recipe! These are healthy pancakes that you can make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and get in some good protein grams at the same time! The protein will fuel your muscle growth, while maintaining a Paleo diet, and enjoying some tasty comfort food. Win win! Check out my video tutorial here on how to make healthy pancakes for a paleo diet!! Follow along step by step, and enjoy your paleo pancakes with me!
Paleo Pancake Recipe Tutorial!!
How to Make Paleo Pancakes!!!
What you will need:
• One scoop of Quest Nutrition baking protein. You may use any protein powder that you prefer, but I love the texture of the Quest Nutrition baking protein, and I also like that it does not already have a flavor so I can flavor it however I choose. I have tried this paleo pancake recipe using other protein powders before with similar results, but Quest was my favorite.
• One organic free range egg
• Imitation maple extract, vanilla extract, organic cinnamon, and almond extract. You can substitute these things for whatever you like, but I love to add all of these to my paleo pancakes! Check out my video before you open your bottles, because I have a super easy hack that will allow you to disperse the right amount without accidentally overdoing it! 😉 If you are anything like me, you will know the struggle of spelling too much vanilla in your batter!!
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 cup water, or enough water to reach the desired consistency. Sometimes I needed to use a bit more water, depending on the egg size, and on how level my protein scoop was. I am notorious for adding a bit of an extreme heaping scoop of protein, because I really love my pancakes. 😛 You want just enough water to make the protein powder thin enough so that the pancake cooks evenly all the way through, but you want it to be thick enough so that the pancake doesn’t fall flat. You will get a feel for it once you start stirring and cooking!
• 1 to 2 teaspoons of organic, unrefined, extra-virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil. That is a mouthful, isn’t it?? This oil will be what you use for cooking your pancakes, because it has a high smoking point. This means that it can be cooked on higher temperatures without starting to smoke, so it does not turn rancid and become toxic to your body.
Paleo Pancake Recipe!!
Now that you have all of your ingredients ready, it’s time to make your healthy Paleo pancakes!
First things first take a mid-sized bowl and dump in your one scoop of Quest Nutrition protein powder.
- Crack open your egg and add it in.
- Take your water, and begin to pour it in slowly, steering to make sure that the consistency becomes a paste.
- Next, take your maple extract, your vanilla extract, almond extract, and cinnamon, and drop or sprinkle them into your batter. If you watch the video you will see the easiest way to drop the extracts into your better! You may just have to eyeball this step, because everyone’s preferences are different. I like to add about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of maple, and another half teaspoon of almond extract. I believe that almond extract makes the paleo pancakes taste kind of like donuts, or like angel food cake! It is an extremely yummy addition to your pancake batter.
- Add in your teaspoon of baking powder, and stir it all together.
That’s it! Your healthy paleo pancakes are ready to be cooked and served.
You can make your paleo pancake recipe your own by adding whatever ingredients you desire! I love to add dark chocolate chips to my paleo pancake batter, because when the pancakes are cooked the chocolate chips become melty and gooey and oh-so-delicious! You can make your paleo pancakes banana by simply adding a half of a mashed banana to your battery, or just topping it with sliced banana when your pancakes are finished. Paleo pumpkin pancakes can be made by either swapping your protein powder to a pumpkin flavored powder, or by adding in a half of a can of pumpkin to your better before mixing. Just be creative, and have fun with your healthy breakfast!
Dollop out your pancakes on to the coconut oil covered pan and cook them on both sides until light brown. Serve them up on a plate with your favorite toppings, including organic, grass fed butter, sliced strawberries or fresh blueberries, sliced bananas, and a drizzle of Manuka honey, or 100% grade a maple syrup. Bon appétit!
I hope that you guys have enjoyed this paleo pancake tutorial, and that you are able to go and try your own paleo pancakes very soon! Eating a paleo diet doesn’t have to be boring!!!
Keep living that fit life, babes!